Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cucumber Bread


Not just for pickles anymore. Use those extra cucumbers in a tasty bread instead!

So peel and shred up the cucumber. If you are using one with seeds inside, you should probably scoop those bad boys out 1st.
I like to let mine set for 30ish min in a strainer to drain out some of the extra moisture.











Mix it all togther into a bread looking glob of batter :) Pout into loaf pans and bake.

I like to cover my breads with tin foil for the last 15ish min just so they don't brown too much, but that's a personal preference. If you don't want to do that, I am not going to come over to your house and force you to :)


 So take the loafs out of the oven. I like to let them cool in their pans for 10 -15 mins and then plop them out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.

And Voila. Bread. Looks like Zucchini bread but has that twang of a cucumber. No one will know what's in it but will love it just the same.
I think it tastes best toasted with some butter, but hey, that's just me!

No comments:

Post a Comment