Friday, September 14, 2012

Squash Cookies

I woke up this morning and it was a brisk 40 degrees outside. Signs that fall is coming. I was ignoring the trees starting to change color but you can't mistake the coolness in the air. However, one of my favorite things about fall is the start of comfort food and holiday baking. This recipe reminds me of a classic pumpkin pie. It has all the same flavors but in cookie form!

Squash Cookies

Now if you know me, I used an acorn squash. Again because I happened to have one. I also find that a cooked acorn squash typically provides the perfect amount of squash for most of my recipes. I tend to get about 2 cups from one squash. So the little bet extra gets fed to my little man :)
Directions on how to cook an acorn squash are listed in one of my other blog posts: Squash Chocolate Cake



If you don't have a cookie scoop. I fully recommend it. It's like a little ice cream scooper. 
It makes uniform shaped/sized cookies. 2-3 bites each. This makes it so all the cookies take the same time to bake. Awesomeness. 


I think this is the 1st cookie recipe I've posted, so I want to share a secret with you. Let the cookies cool before taste testing. hahaha.
No but seriously, you should let them cool 1/2 the baking time on the cookie sheet, before moving to a wire rack to finish cooling.











And there you have it. Very tasty, cookies. Feel free to use a different squash, butternut or pumpkin would work just as well (maybe better?)
And look how uniform the cookies look. Classy ( I gave that perfect round one to my hubby, usually I only let him eat the ugly cookies that for some reason got shaped weird or I squashed them or something)


No comments:

Post a Comment